There's a new TV show about a young woman who gives up her life as an attorney in the family firm to become a mediator. Disillusioned by the win/lose outcomes of the courtroom, she seeks use her talents to develop the win/win solutions available through alternative dispute resolution.
In the first episode before she starts her work day, she negotiates a settlement between a shopkeeper and robber while placing her coffee order. The character is plucky, clever, dressed in the obligatory short skirt with the highest of heels, and fun. I'll be tuning in to see "Kate Reed" take on people in conflict and weave TV solutions to impossible situations. Conflict resolution is a cornerstone of Symphony of Agreement. See how it works, albeit without the glamour of prestigious law firm and the uncanny ability to solve crimes.
http://www.usanetwork.com/series/fairlylegal/video/fullep/
I meant to tell you how I'm enjoying having a new pertinent blog to follow, you're off to a great start.
ReplyDelete