When you eat inappropriately in advance of a fast, the first day is just cold turkey jitters and blood sugar swings. This too shall pass. After working through that, and its not as if I'm not eating at all, I have to put my mental house in order. Although I dispise legalistic Christians, I tend to get legalistic with myself when I fast. I set all kinds of mental boundaries, then break them and think unkind thoughts about my weaknesses. It takes a couple of days to settle into the fasting groove. At our noontime prayer today, I was pleased to find out that 3 of the 4 pray-ers were also fasting. Thats a good sign.
Tonight I got an unexpected treat from my neighbor who brought me a bag of Chichacorn from the Philipines. Its completely "legal", not a stitch of sweet or wheat in this spicy dried corn snack that is chock full of flavor. Another good sign.
The day started with a sincere apology to my husband because there's no point in a fast or trying to get closer to God when carrying a big bag of unforgivness. That dog just won't hunt. Blessings for today include, Eileen had a good job interview, Ashley and Bobby had safe travel in their cross country journey, Terri was at work and Elaine is hanging with Don.
No comments:
Post a Comment