Day 2 of this fast brought my workplace nemesis to the forefront. Ironically he is a professed Christian and I get on his spiritual and/or regular nerves. After our ridiculuous meeting, I pondered the irony of the president of the employee's Christian group (me) in conflict with this manager while battling unlovely thoughts about him.
Day 3 sparked a spontaneous prayer meeting at our Good Govt office followed by a heartfelt blessing of our leadership by one of our members during a meeting invocation. Much better than yesterday.
Day 4 brought surprise that I can't get the numbers on TurboTax to turn from red to green. I read in my new Christian medical reference book Isaiah 58:6 "the kind of fasting I want calls you to free the wrongly imprisoned, ...stop oppressing ... give ... help..". Fasting needs to go beyond my personal growth to acts of kindness, charity, justice and generosity.
Day 5 was a fasting failure. There, I said it. My daughter Ashley and her husband came in for one night on the last leg of their journey to a new duty station in CA. For a brief moment all of my children were assembled in one spot and I'm grateful for that rare gift. For about a week, I'll have 2 of Ashley's dogs in my home. Did I mention I already have 4 of my own?
No comments:
Post a Comment